On Nov. 7, 2017, Bob Korroch moderated a Virginia Ship Repair Association panel that included Williams Mullen attorney Cameron Rountree, Richard "Soby" Sobocinski (Vice President of Contracts - Colonna's Shipyard), Jordan Watkins (International Trade Manager - Virginia Economic Development Partnership) and Ed Laughlin (Defense Program Manager - Virginia Economic Development Partnershp). The panel was titled "Commercial Expansion & Diversification of Revenue Streams."
The panelists discussed:
- How to diversify from Navy work
- What other Federal Government opportunities exist?
- Commercial work - who and how?
- What are the differences in requirements?
- Emergent work availability