The Virginia Beach Department of Economic Development and Williams Mullen invite you to a seminar: ITAR For Government Contractors - New Developments Under Export Control Reform.
ITAR is an important and growing part of the government contracts industry, impacting professional services firms, manufacturers, suppliers of parts and components and those undertaking Department of Defense-funded R&D.
This law is being amended under Export Control Reform, and important changes are being adopted. Many amendments have already become effective. These changes bring compliance challenges as well as new business opportunities, and may apply even if a company does not engage in any exports and its only customer is the U.S. Government.
The stakes are high - getting it wrong can result in business disruptions, unhappy customers and legal risk.
Our program will provide government contractors with an update on the new developments under ITAR and EAR under Export Control Reform. The speakers will provide an overview of these changes to help attendees determine if they will impact their respective company, and if so, how to protect their company.
The following will be addressed during the presentation:
- A summary of recent amendments under Export Control Reform, with specific focus on issues affecting government contractors
- Transfers of items from the U.S. Munitions List to the Commerce Control List and new requirements under the Export Administration Regulations
- How the amendments impact registration and other issues under ITAR
- Application to technical data and software
- Application to technical services
- Requirements for dealing with foreign nationals
- Special requirements for professional services firms, manufacturers and second- and third-tier suppliers
- How to develop an effective ITAR compliance program
- Voluntary disclosures and dealing with past violations
How will this seminar fit into my/my colleague’s workday?
A compressed schedule, which is outlined below, will enable most attendees to return to work by 11:15 am.
Registration & Networking: 9:00 to 9:30 am
Presentation: 9:30 to 10:15 am
Q&A: 10:15 to 10:30 am
Where will this seminar take place?
The seminar will take place at Williams Mullen’s office in the Town Center of Virginia Beach, which is conveniently located right off of I-264. For directions, please click on the following link: http://www.williamsmullen.com/offices/virginia-beach-va
222 Central Park Avenue, Suite 1700
Virginia Beach, Virginia 23462-3035
Plenty of free parking is available in the parking garage.
Is there a cost to attend?
There is no cost to attend this seminar.
Will breakfast be provided?
A continental breakfast buffet will be available for attendees.