On Oct. 19, 2016, Farhad Aghdami and Dan Durst presented a CLE for the the American Law Institute titled "My Estate is Worth What? Best Practices and Pitfalls of Working with Appraisers and Valuation Experts." Their presentation covered:
- Determining when a valuation expert is needed
- Deciding who to hire as an appraiser and the type of appraisal required
- Best practices for engaging the appraiser to maintain evidentiary privilege
- Best practices for reviewing and revising draft appraisals
- Select valuation issues practitioners should be aware of
For more information, click here.