Sheraton Raleigh Hotel
421 South Salisbury
Raleigh, NC 27601
Skillfully Navigate the Rules and Pleading Standards to Reach a Favorable Decision
Whether you're new to Federal Court practice or you just need a quick refresher, this course is for you. Experienced attorney faculty will review federal rules and local procedures and walk you through the life of a case to ensure no steps are missed. Register today!
- Review federal court rules and tactics to ensure your compliance and boost your chances of success.
- Make sure you know your case belongs in Federal Court: explore jurisdiction, venue and removal issues.
- Comply with FRCP Rule 8(a)(2) and give each case a firm footing from the very start.
- Find the balance between "brief" and "sufficient" to ensure each of your cases goes forward.
- Get practical guidance on the types of factual content to be included in support of the pleading.
- Understand how federal court procedures are applied when filing electronically.
- Analyze the latest court rulings pertaining to discovery to prevent mistakes.
- Prevent malpractice allegations with proactive legal ethics tips.
- Discover the Federal Court's best-kept secret: federal magistrate judges - and speed up your litigation process.
- Troubleshoot to find new solutions to old evidence and expert problems.
- Mind the critical distinctions between the federal and state courtroom culture.
Who Should Attend
This basic-to-intermediate level course is designed for litigation attorneys. In-house counsel, litigation support professionals and paralegals will also find this information useful.
- Is Federal Court the Right Court? Jurisdiction, Venue and Local Court Procedure
- Developing a Successful Trial Strategy
- Pleadings and Evidentiary Issues in Federal Court
- Thorough Discovery
- Case Management
- Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Legal Education – CLE: 6.00 *
* denotes specialty credits