10.01.2013 Pre-Recorded Webinar: ITAR For Defense Industry Executives
The following is a pre-recorded Webinar by Williams Mullen attorney Thomas McVey regarding ITAR for defense industry executives. The program provides an overview of the key principles of ITAR and export controls as well as an update on the recent export control reform. It is designed for senior company executives (including the CEO, CFO, marketing, operations and other senior staff), compliance directors and corporate counsel to assist in corporate compliance and reducing liability of the company and its employees. The presentation takes about one hour, and is suitable for ITAR compliance training. Topic Outline:
- How do I know if my company is subject to ITAR?
- Company registration under ITAR
- Application to technical data and software
- Application to technical services
- Requirements for dealing with foreign nationals (including employees)
- Are we subject to ITAR if we only perform services for US government agencies?
- Special considerations for second and third-tier suppliers, government contracts firms
- How to develop an effective ITAR Compliance Program
- Criminal and civil sanctions
- Recent amendments under the Export Control Reform
The presentation can be viewed below:
To view a copy of the presentation, click here.