We represent clients in all types of loans related to securing real estate including construction loans, bridge loans, single asset/single borrower securitized loans, permanent loans, participating loans, shared appreciation loans, borrowing base asset loans, subscription facility loans, convertible loans, mezzanine loans, loans backed by credit leases, conduit loans and loans secured by ground leases.
We represent clients in all types of loans related to securing real estate including construction loans, bridge loans, single asset/single borrower securitized loans, permanent loans, participating loans, shared appreciation loans, borrowing base asset loans, subscription facility loans, convertible loans, mezzanine loans, loans backed by credit leases, conduit loans and loans secured by ground leases. As well, the firm’s real estate attorneys, often in conjunction with the Corporate Finance practice have been involved in virtually every type of loan securitization offering, including public offerings, private placements, foreign offerings, bonds, pass-through certificates and commercial paper, diverse pools of conduit mortgage loans, small pools of large loans, single mortgage loans secured by one or more commercial or multifamily properties, performing and non-performing mortgage loans from existing portfolios, new commercial mortgage loans originated with a view toward securitization, and commercial loans affecting a variety of properties.
The firm’s real estate attorneys have extensive experience in complex multi-state commercial real estate financings, as well as the acquisition and development of high value real estate projects, including office parks, commercial parks, mixed-use developments, major shopping malls, golf course communities and industrial facilities. Our attorneys have been involved with the financing of industrial, flex space, retail, historic, agricultural and mixed-use condominium projects. In addition, we have served as developer's counsel on community development authority financings to provide public infrastructure in support of residential, commercial and retail developments, as well as public/private financings to facilitate construction of public facilities, transportation improvements, outdoor arena, hotel and conference centers.
- $52.5 million development and bridge loan from private lender for major mixed-use development.
- $44 million syndicated refinance and acquisition loan for regional convenience store owner/operator, together with $9,000,000 non-syndicated working capital facilities.
- $250 million Construction to Perm Loan with Life Company for development of regional shopping center. Transaction involved negotiation of intercreditor relationship with a Community Development Authority which financed infrastructure improvements.
- $50 million non-recourse acquisition loan with life insurance company for acquisition of office complex and subsequent refinance for $80 million.
- $27 million construction loan for development of a major residential community.