techUK (www.techUK.org) and the Fairfax County Economic Development Authority, Virginia, USA (www.fairfaxcountyeda.org) will be hosting a free half day seminar called "Expanding to the US Market in 2017: Challenges and Opportunities" on Wednesday, April 5, 2017.
The objectives of the seminar are:
- To update/ increase the knowledge base of companies from the UK about how to expand internationally and how to do business in the US market
- How to assist these companies in their decisions
- Creating more awareness for the Fairfax County/Washington, DC, region as an ideal starting point for hi-tech companies from the U.K
- Address key opportunities and challenges (economic; legal and tax considerations; and hiring the right management team in the US)?
The focus will be on small and medium enterprises.
Expert speakers will discuss commercial / corporate options and considerations, market entry strategies; the do's and don'ts and what is essential to know before getting started.
- Jan Mul (FCEDA)
- Gus FranklynBute (SelectUSA)
- Eliot Norman (Williams Mullen) - "A Soft Landing in the USA"
- Julia Summerville (RSM)
- Mike McLaren (FDM)
There will also be case studies from companies on market entry and success in the US.
Networking lunch will be provided after the Briefing.