Featuring Iliana L. Peters, J.D., LL.M., Senior Advisor for HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement at the HHS Office for Civil Rights, and Members of Williams Mullen’s Health Care Practice
- What do health care providers and their business associates need to know about HIPAA compliance?
- What are OCR HIPAA audits, and what should you do to prepare?
- What makes up OCR’s enforcement muscle and how have they been flexing it?
Who should attend?
- Medical Practice Administrators
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISOs), Chief Information Officers (CIOs), and Compliance Officers/Committee Members
- Privacy and Security Officers
- Vendors in the Health Care Space/Business Associates
Two Options to Participate:
1. William Mullen's Richmond Office
Williams Mullen Center
200 South 10th Street, 15th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
The Williams Mullen attorneys will be speaking at this location.
2. Webinar (Log in details to follow)
11:30 - 12:00 PM - Registration and Lunch in Williams Mullen's Richmond Office
12:00 - 1:15 PM - Presentation
- Introductory Remarks - Jeremy A. Ball, Partner, Health Care Practice, Williams Mullen
- "Auditing HIPAA Compliance: What You Need to Know” - Kelsey S. Farbotko and James T. Bailey, Associates, Health Care Practice, Williams Mullen
- "What’s New with HIPAA? An Enforcement Update” - Iliana L. Peters, J.D., LL.M., the Senior Advisor for HIPAA Compliance and Enforcement at the HHS Office for Civil Rights (Iliana will be participating via webinar)
1:15 - 1:30 PM - Q&A
There is no cost to attend this event.