For more than 35 years industries have complied with detailed requirements governing the generation, treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous wastes. In June 2017, these regulations changed. The New Hazardous Waste Generator Requirements Course is designed to keep your facility in compliance with the changing regulations.
Thursday, October 5, 2017 | 8:30 AM – 12 Noon | $49 Fee
375 South Anderson Rd.
Rock Hill, SC 29730
To register online for the New Hazardous Waste Generation Course, CLICK HERE, then click "Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes" and enter course code number (XCOM-500-001) in the course code field.
Please contact Tyler Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is uniquely prepared and presented to educate environmental health and safety managers, consultants, plant managers and corporate staff on changes to new hazardous waste generator requirements under State and Federal Law.
SCOPE OF NEW REQUIREMENTS
- Hazardous Waste Determination Standard
- Contingency Plan Revisions
- Mixture Rule Clarification
- New Generator Classifications
- Episodic Events
- Inter-corporation Transport of Hazardous Waste
- Revised Satellite Accumulation Rules
- Container Labeling Changes
- Satellite Accumulation vs. New Central Accumulation Areas
Attorneys with the Williams Mullen Environment Group have more than 160 years of environmental regulatory experience. The team represents businesses in hazardous waste compliance counseling, enforcement defense and permit negotiations. They are uniquely suited to offer comprehensive compliance training program for the new regulations. The instructors are full-time practicing attorneys who can facilitate candid and pragmatic discussion on how the new regulations will affect industry and will be enforced.
8:30- 8:45 Introduction and Overview
- Implementation of the New Regulatory Requirements in South Carolina and the Effective Dates
8:45-10:00 Existing Generator Standards/Reorganization
- Hazardous Waste Determination
- Container Management
- Treatment vs. Recycle
10:15-12:00 New Generator Requirements
- New CESQG Changes/Episodic Generation
- New Emergency Planning and Preparedness
- New Hazardous Waste Determination
- New Container Management
- New Satellite Accumulation
- New Reporting
- New Closure