On June 27th, 2013, the U.S. Senate passed Comprehensive Immigration Reform (S. 744) by a 68-32 vote, receiving unprecedented bipartisan support. The House is now taking up separate bills. If you thought that Obamacare was complicated, wait until you see the fine print of Immigration Reform.
To view a copy of the presentation, click here.
The news headlines would lead you to believe that reform is only about increasing border security as the “trigger” for establishing a path to citizenship for 11 million illegal aliens. However, there is much more in the legislation affecting employers — from mandatory E-Verify and increased worksite inspections to new quotas for professional H-1B workers and faster Green Cards for foreign graduates of U.S. universities.
Learn how liberalization of some visa programs will come at a price that you may not want to pay. This webinar will help you anticipate the likely changes and take advantage of the opportunities that the legislation will create for companies recruiting and retaining global talent. Like any sweeping reform, the legislation will have intended and unintended consequences for employers, large and small, requiring you to rethink your visa and hiring strategies to minimize compliance risks and reduce costs.
Join speakers Eliot Norman, Partner, Corporate Immigration Practice Group, Williams Mullen, Washington, D.C., and Ronald Adler, President-CEO, Laurdan Associates, Inc., Rockville, MD, as they discuss the implications of immigration reform for employers.
Register quickly and easily online to secure your space now. Or, please call 1-800-372-1033 option 6, then sub-menu option 1, and refer to date and title of conference. Lines are open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET, excluding most federal holidays.
Don't miss this opportunity to hear a lively, dynamic presentation. Not only are Webinars an excellent way for you to stay current; with Bloomberg BNA you also get:
- Quality. Count on it. Nothing is canned.
- Objectivity. Bloomberg BNA provides you with the best and most objective information. Unlike other companies, we don't use our Webinars as a forum to sell outside solutions.
- Affordability. Bloomberg BNA Webinars are inexpensive compared to the cost of travel to attend a conference. Plus, you may use a speakerphone and invite as many of your colleagues as you want to listen in-all for the price of a single registration.
- Convenience. No airlines. No travel. No time out of the office.
In addition, you'll receive:
- Personal attention. Once you've registered, send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll be included in the program. You'll also have a chance to ask your questions during the Webinar.
- Follow-up materials. You need no materials upfront to follow along to our live conference. But Bloomberg BNA always issues a follow up e-mail with contact information for our speakers, as well as other materials related to the topic.
1.5 HRCI credits will be accredited for attending this Webinar.