Time: 1:00 PM EST
12:00 PM CST
11:00 AM MST
10:00 AM PST
Please join us for a complimentary webinar hosted by the law firm of Williams Mullen to learn more about the major issues ITAR presents for defense industry executives. ITAR is an important area of regulation for defense and government contracts firms. This impacts companies in all sectors of this community – services, manufacturing, suppliers of parts and components, DOD-funded R&D. In addition, these regulations have undergone significant amendment as part of Export Control Reform. The stakes are high – violations can result in significant civil and criminal penalties for companies and their employees.
Our program will provide defense and gov con executives a clear overview of this area of the law and practical advice on how to organize their activities to comply with these laws.
- How do I know if my company is subject to ITAR and the EAR?
- Company registration under ITAR
- Requirements under DFARS Subpart 225.79 and 252.225-7048
- Application to technical data, software, technical services
- Requirements for dealing with foreign nationals (including employees)
- Specialized issues for second- and third-tier suppliers
- Are we subject to ITAR if we perform services for US government agencies?
- How to develop an effective ITAR Compliance Program
- Recent developments re data security (§120.52), exemptions under §126.4
- Please feel free to forward this e-invitation to a colleague whom you believe would also have interest in attending.
No cost for attending.