To view the pre-recorded webinar, click here:
By: Thomas McVey, Partner, Williams Mullen
The following is a pre-recorded webinar by Williams Mullen attorney Thomas McVey on ITAR Government Contractors.
ITAR is an important area of regulation for government contracts firms. This includes firms in the defense, technical services, information technology, cyber-security, military training and DOD-funded R&D fields. These requirements often apply even if a company is not engaged in any exporting activities – often just performing activities in the U.S. can trigger ITAR obligations.
The program provides executives a summary of the law, an update on important recent developments and Questions and Answers.
- How do I know if my company is subject to ITAR?
- Is my company required to register under ITAR
- Requirements for ITAR-controlled technical data and software
- Controls on defense services and Technical Assistance Agreements
- Requirements for dealing with foreign national employees and other foreign individuals
- Obligations of second- and third-tier suppliers; subcontractors and vendors
- Are we subject to ITAR if we only perform services for U.S. government agencies?
- Contracts with foreign military organizations
- How to develop an effective ITAR compliance program
- Requirements under DFARS §225.79 and 252.225-7048
- Recent data security requirements
- What to do if you discover a violation
- Time has been allotted for a brief Q&A for the speakers to address questions from the audience.