On Oct. 12, 2015, Alyson Harter moderated a panel titled "What is the Critical Path to Building a Sponsor: From Capital, Offering Structure, Team Members and Establishing Distribution Channels, What are the Steps to Success?" at the Alternative & Direct Investment Securities Association's annual Fall Conference. Topics included:
- What offering types and structures are having success in today’s market?
- What typical ‘flaws’ seem to keep offerings from being successful?
- What legal and operational hurdles or restrictions are then when distributing in the RIA channel?
- Do you need a managing broker-dealer or can a sponsor be as effective marketing on their own?
- Which wholesale structures works best (internal vs. external; single-sponsor vs. multi-sponsor marketing teams, open architecture, etc.)?
- How do you manage the sales process to be effective and efficient?
- What is the role of national accounts in the distribution process and does a sponsor need a national accounts team?
- How do you utilize a website and email to build your brand?
- How do you design marketing materials and what legal limitations are there?
- What is the role of the sponsor in marketing an offering?
- What are the costs to market a typical offering?
- How long does it take to build a presence and establish an effective distribution channel?
For more info, click here.