Throughout Virginia and North Carolina and in other parts of the United States, Williams Mullen’s real estate group guides clients through the development of retail, office, residential, hotel, industrial and mixed-use projects in an efficient and cost effective manner. We represent local, regional and national developers and investors as well as the end users of these types of projects. Our representation includes negotiation of acquisitions, sales and leases, land use planning and permitting, construction and permanent financing, environmental due diligence, and drafting of documents such as reciprocal easement agreements, covenants, conditions and restrictions and master condominium structures. The experience of our real estate group is broad and deep and benefits our clients in all phases of real estate development.
- Represented contract purchasers of 115 acres in the rezoning of an urban mixed-use development in Henrico County requiring no variances and resulting in total investment exceeding $1billion. Provided counsel on all matters related to land planning, including general real estate, environmental permitting, POD approval, road planning, owners’ association documents and lease negotiations. Secured 43% open areas, a boulevard street park, green roof, parking structures, and town home liner units. Approved master plan includes over 500,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space, 884 residential units, 430 hotel rooms, and 600,000 square feet of office space in two 18-story towers.
- Represented developer with land assemblage, rezoning and sale of 95 acres to major pharmaceutical company in connection with a 600,000-square-foot, $425 million insulin- manufacturing facility at Innovation, Prince William County. This project is among the top 10 largest economic development investments in the Commonwealth’s history.
- Represented developer in the acquisition, zoning, permitting, construction, financing, sale and leasing of more than 20 “big box” retail developments throughout the Commonwealth of Virginia. Anchor users included Wal-Mart, Lowe’s, Kroger, Winn Dixie, Target and Ukrop’s.
- Represented developer in the acquisition of over 40 acres for a mixed-use project consisting of retail, office and multi-family residential. Handled all aspects of the transaction including contracts, title/survey review, offsite easements, financing, and planning approvals. Continuing representation includes county approvals, offsite easements, internal reciprocal easements/covenants/restrictions, out-parcel sales, leasing, and permanent financing.
- Represented public waste company in the acquisition of 29 separate parcels of real property consisting of approximately 2,200 acres, and other assets and property in California. Representation included the coordination and review of title, survey and other due diligence items, the negotiation of stock and asset purchase agreements, leases and closing documents. Total purchase price was approximately $190 million.