Roundtable: Litigating the Pandemic in the Pandemic: Panacea or Placebo?
- Alex Lever; Nysingh advocaten-notarissen N.V. (Apeldoorn, Netherlands - TAGLaw)
- Elizabeth Scott; Williams Mullen (North Carolina & Virginia, USA - TAGLaw)
- John Sullivan; Harper Grey LLP (British Columbia, Canada - TAGLaw)
Dan Waite; Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP (Nevada, USA - TAGLaw)
The impact of the COVID-19 pandemic cannot be overstated. It has changed how and what we litigate. In this virtual session we will explore together the procedural and substantive impacts of COVID-19. The session will begin with networking and then a short full group session to explain the topics and format. We will then break into virtual rooms organized by geographic region in order to increase interaction and to provide all members a chance to share their knowledge and experiences. Finally, we will conclude back together again with take-aways from each group, followed by more networking.
Please join us for this interactive session to explore litigating in the existing pandemic environment—does it provide new benefits, opportunities, and challenges across a wide-range of the litigation landscape (panacea) or does it merely appear so (placebo).
Topics to discuss:
1. Litigation Best Practices in the COVID era? Virtual discovery, virtual trials, virtual mediations/arbitrations and more…
2. Developments in the commercial law relating to COVID-19: initial decisions, plaintiffs’ class actions, regulatory actions, immunity laws, and more…