Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues have catapulted to the forefront of the public narrative. Our team of attorneys have been helping clients navigate the evolving ESG landscape and how to manage related risks and opportunities for many years.
We realize the significant pressures clients face from various stakeholders related to ESG matters – from institutional investors who are focused on specific sustainability measures for a particular industry – to the very influential proxy advisors – to the more general and growing interest of customers, business partners and government regulators.
We have experience advising clients on a range of evolving ESG issues, such as:
- Environmental stewardship;
- Climate change and greenhouse gas emissions;
- Social impacts;
- Human capital management;
- Diversity and inclusion;
- Product safety;
- Good governance practices;
- Business ethics;
- Information security; and
- Customer data privacy.
We work hand in hand with executives, board committees and consultants to ensure that our clients’ policies accurately reflect the perspective, plan and intent of the organization and are responsive to the challenges presented by stakeholders.
Our ESG team can help your company meet these challenges by:
- Enhancing board and management understanding of the ESG landscape;
- Designing ESG board oversight programs;
- Analyzing ESG data and related disclosure control policies;
- Articulating ESG strategies and goals;
- Helping companies respond to shareholder activism and proxy proposals; and
- Developing public disclosure for SEC filings, in sustainability reports and for company websites.
With the current administration’s increased focus on ESG, the potential for additional SEC-mandated disclosure requirements, and increased shareholder and stakeholder demands, the attention on ESG issues will continue to grow. Our team can help you stay ahead of this developing area with a plan that fits your business needs.