The Williams Mullen Real Estate Litigation practice group successfully represents clients in state and federal court in all aspects of real estate-related litigation. Our real estate litigation experience includes:
- Builder/developer disputes
- Homebuilder/homeowner disputes
- Commercial, industrial, and retail lease disputes, including defaults, lease pass-through (CAM, taxes and insurance) overcharge claims, use restrictions, fixtures and equipment disputes and seizures of inventory, fixtures and equipment
- Purchase and sale contracts for industrial, commercial and large tract residential properties
- Land use
- Eminent domain/condemnation issues and claims
- Property insurance coverage disputes, including title insurance
- Property tax assessments
- Mechanics and other liens
- Trespass and nuisance actions
- Adverse possession
- Easement, boundary and title disputes
Our real estate litigation attorneys represent a diverse client list, including publicly traded national retailers and real estate development, homebuilder and property management companies; regional and local real estate development, homebuilder and property management companies; real estate brokerage companies (industrial, office, retail and residential); individual landowners; industrial, commercial and retail landlords and tenants; railroads; and cities and municipalities.
We have a single focus – the success of our clients whether by way of litigation or favorably structured settlement.
Real Estate Developer
- Defended real estate developer against breach of contract claims brought by architectural engineering firm. In addition, represented developer in counterclaims for negligent, improper and defective design work.
National Real Estate Development and Leasing Firm
- Pursued delinquent commercial tenants from the early stages of unlawful detainer actions to trial and through collections.
Residential Real Estate Developer
- Defended residential real estate developer in shareholder derivative action.
Commercial Real Estate Broker
- Represented client in lawsuit to recover unpaid commission for a long-term lease.
- Defended discount retailer against claim of trespass arising out of alleged violation of rights of landowner whose property adjoined stormwater maintenance system built by our client.