Webinar: Land Use and Permitting Utility Scale Solar Projects in Virginia
As the number of solar projects has increased in Virginia, developers are confronting a more challenging environment in securing land use and zoning approval for their utility scale solar projects. Join Williams Mullen for our solar webinar series on Tuesday, April 30, from 11:00 – 11:35 am (EST), where we will discuss recent trends and emerging issues in siting utility-scale solar projects in Virginia.
The webinar will be hosted by Brad Nowak and Bob Riley, co-chairs of Williams Mullen’s Solar Energy team, who will be joined by Williams Mullen’s land use partners, Grady Palmer and Steve Romine.
What you will learn about:
- Solar project ordinances and policies
- Decommissioning plans and bonds
- New Virginia solar decommissioning legislation (SB 1091), including decommissioning agreements
- Negotiating SUP/CUP conditions, including cash payments to local governments
- Community engagement
- Public opposition to solar projects
What happens if my SUP/CUP is approved / denied?
Stephanie Simpson | 804.420.6433 | email@example.com
This webinar is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice nor automatically form an attorney-client relationship with participants.