Carrick C. Brooke-Davidson
Carrick Brooke-Davidson’s practice focuses on environmental law and litigation under federal and state environmental programs, including cases brought by private parties, the United States Department of Justice, the United States Environmental Protection Agency, and other federal and state agencies.
Before joining Williams Mullen, Carrick served as counsel in the environmental and natural resources practice group at Vinson & Elkins in Austin, Texas. For more than a decade before moving to the private sector, Carrick was an attorney in the Environment and Natural Resources Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, which he joined under the Honors Program, including serving as a Senior Attorney and Acting Assistant Chief in the Environmental Enforcement Section.
Carrick earned his Juris Doctor degree with honors from the University of Texas School of Law and bachelor’s and master’s degrees from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). During law school, he founded and served as president of the Environmental & Natural Resources Law Society and as editor-in-chief of The Review of Litigation. He was also a member of the Order of the Coif and the Board of Advocates.
Prior to attending law school, Carrick was an environmental engineer with Trinity Consultants where he was a consultant on Clean Air Act technical and regulatory matters.
- The University of Texas Law School (J.D.)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.S.)
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (B.S.)
- American Bar Association: Environment, Energy and Resources Section, Past Co-Chair of Environmental Enforcement and Crimes Committee; Litigation Section
- Virginia State Bar Association – Environmental Section; Litigation Section
- State Bar of Texas: Environmental and Natural Resources Law Section; Litigation Section
- State of Texas 40-Hour Mediator Training
- Environmental Law Institute Air and Waste Management Association
- Air and Waste Management Association
- North Carolina Bar Association: Environment, Energy, and Natural Resources Section Council Member
- North Carolina State Bar
- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
The Best Lawyers in America© – Environmental Law and Environmental Litigation (2008-2019)
Who's Who Legal: Environment (2015-2019)