Melisa A. Roy
Melisa Roy is a senior associate in Williams Mullen’s Construction practice group. She focuses her practice on construction litigation, suretyship and government contracts. Clients requiring assistance with the various stages of construction litigation may benefit from Melisa’s experience in connection with discovery, complex claims, settlement and trial.
Melisa also assists clients with construction contract formation and interpretation, and advises clients with respect to payment and performance bond disputes. Her experience includes assisting owners, contractors, subcontractors, and sureties in highway; power plant; water treatment plant; lock and dam; building; public transit; as well as payment and performance bond disputes in jurisdictions across the United States before federal courts, state courts, and administrative boards. She also advises clients in government contracts with a specific focus on assisting clients through disputes arising under the False Claims Act, as well as with compliance issues arising under federal and local economic opportunity programs involving small, disadvantaged, minority and woman-owned businesses.
Melisa has been recognized as an "Associate to Watch" in construction law by Chambers USA (2017-present). She is the vice chair of the executive council of the Virginia Bar Association's Construction and Public Contracts Law Section, a member of the Virginia State Bar's Construction Law & Public Contracts Section and a member of the American Bar Association's Forum on Construction Law.
Prior to joining Williams Mullen, Melisa was an associate at Watt, Tieder, Hoffar & Fitzgerald, L.L.P. She is fluent in Spanish.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D.), 2008
- Dean's List
- Barristers' Council Moot Court Team
- Appellate Division Team Director
- National Environmental Law Moot Court Competition, Quarterfinalist
- University of Florida (B.A.), 2003
- cum laude
- Virginia Bar Association – Vice Chair, Executive Council for the Construction and Public Contracts Law Section
- Virginia State Bar – Construction Law & Public Contracts Section
- American Bar Association – Forum on Construction Law
- Virginia State Bar
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Recognized as an "Associate to Watch" in Construction Law by Chambers USA (2017-present)
Melisa Roy is smart and hardworking. She grasps complex issues and procedures very quickly.
— Williams Mullen Client Feedback - Chambers USA, 2023