The Dental Practice Transactions Team at Williams Mullen has extensive experience representing dentists, orthodontists, and other market participants in acquisitions and sales of practices and assets. We are adept in providing initial strategy (such as advising clients on how to lay the groundwork for the best price for their practice), devising deal structures that align with our clients’ interests, and discerning and proactively addressing all applicable health care and tax regulations that are implicated in such transactions.
Because our core team of entrepreneurial attorneys has worked together on multiple deals in this space, we are efficient, we know the issues, and we are able to identify potential opportunities that can help to make transactions an economic success for our clients.
In addition to transactions, we can advise dentists, endodontists, oral and maxillofacial surgeons, orthodontists, pediatric dentists, periodontists, and prosthodontists on day-to-day matters related to commercial contracts, employee benefits, real estate, employment law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), reimbursement, tax, and telehealth.
- Asset Acquisitions
- Asset Sales
- Commercial Contracts
- Data Protection and Cybersecurity
- Employee Benefits
- Health Care Regulations (HIPAA, licensing, and self-referral laws)
- Intellectual Property
- Practice Acquisitions
- Practice Sales
- Reimbursement (payor matters)
- Real Estate
- Represented a national health care specialty REIT in the acquisition and financing of multiple dental facilities in several states.
- Represented a pediatric dental practice in the sale of its assets to a private equity firm.
- Represented a Richmond-based dental practice in the sale of its assets.
- Represented a dental practice in the acquisition of its assets by a private equity backed buyer.
- Represented a dental practice in the development of new services aimed at individuals living in health care facilities.
- Represented two of the principals in a dental practice in the sale of the practice’s assets.
- Advised a dentist on transactional and regulatory matters relating to the purchase of dental assets from a retiring dentist.
- Advised an orthodontics practice on the sale of its assets to a national company.
- Represented an orthodontics practice in the sale of its assets to a private equity backed buyer.
- Advised an orthodontics practice in Virginia on ownership changes and admissions and departures of practicing orthodontists.
- Assisted an orthodontist with a new colleague’s investment in the practice’s operating entity and in the entity that owned the office space used by the practice.