On December 8, 2020, Governor Cooper issued a “modified Stay at Home” order (Executive Order 181) effective Friday, December 11th at 5pm until January 8th.
The Modified Stay at Home Order:
- Requires people to stay at home between the hours of 10pm and 5am.
- Implements a “Night-Time Public Closure Period” requiring businesses, including restaurants, bars, entertainment venues, personal care businesses, most retail stores and more, to close by 10pm.
- Requires all onsite alcohol consumption sales to end by 9pm.
Exceptions to the “Night-Time Public Closure Period are:
- Retail businesses that sell groceries, medication, health care supplies, and fuel may remain open between 10:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Take-out and delivery service at restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and wineries may continue for take-out and delivery after 10:00 p.m.
- Workers may remain on premise at the business to conduct necessary operations (e.g. stock shelves or bookkeeping).
Click below for links to the following documents: