David Allen assists clients in general corporate matters, including mergers & acquisitions and corporate governance and securities matters. David’s M&A experience has included preparing M&A definitive agreements and ancillary documents, drafting closing documents and conducting due diligence for M&A transactions. David’s securities practice has included preparing and revising SEC filings to help clients meet their disclosure obligations.
David’s M&A experience has included preparing M&A definitive agreements and ancillary documents, drafting closing documents and conducting due diligence for M&A transactions. David’s securities practice has included preparing and revising SEC filings to help clients meet their disclosure obligations.
David earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Virginia Law School where he was a member of the Virginia Law and Business Review. He earned both a B.S. in Economics and a B.A. in Political Science from Duke University. As an undergrad, David published scholarship in the Duke Political Science Standard.
Prior to joining Williams Mullen, David spent the first year of his practice at an international law firm in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of a home and community-based health care provider in the sale of its intellectual and developmental disabilities services platform to a private equity-backed behavioral health company.
- Representation of a leading senior housing provider in its acquisition of thirty-nine nursing homes across Virginia and North Carolina.
- Representation of a specialty software manufacturer in the sale of its business to a large defense contractor.
- Representation of an insurance brokerage company in multiple acquisitions of regional insurance agencies.
- Representation of a mortgage REIT in the acquisition of its external manager; analyzed precedent in support of internalization negotiations; undertook primary responsibility for managing due diligence process and preparing due diligence report; drafted internalization agreement and ancillary documents, including employment and severance agreements, board minutes and authorizing resolutions.
- Representation of an online community bank in its acquisition by a lending company, including the preparation of disclosure schedules accompanying the merger agreement, drafting drag-along notices and merger proxy statement and compiling stockholder support agreements.
- Representation of a large lodging franchisor in its $450M senior notes offering and concurrent tender offer, including coordination of pricing, closing and settlement mechanics and the drafting of related documentation, including prospectus supplements, supplemental indenture, Form 8-K’s and company press releases.
- Representation of a construction company in a senior notes offering, including conducting due diligence and preparing related diligence memorandum and drafting closing documentation.