Ken Shevlin advises and advocates for clients in business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions; debt and equity financing; real estate acquisitions, dispositions, development and leasing; and joint ventures and strategic alliances, as well as general corporate issues. He represents clients in a wide range of sectors, including manufacturing, retail, hospitality, renewable energy and health care. He has particular depth of experience in the senior housing industry, regularly representing owners and operators of assisted living and skilled nursing facilities in purchase and sale, restructuring, and financing transactions. His practice notably includes acquisition and development financing for clients in the solar industry.
Prior to joining Williams Mullen, Ken practiced at the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, and clerked for Judge Norman K. Moon of the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia.
Ken is the treasurer of the board of directors of the Piedmont Housing Alliance and served on the board of directors of The Paramount Theater from 2016 to 2022.
Ken earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he was a Hardy Cross Dillard Scholar, served as editor-in-chief of the Virginia Environmental Law Journal and was elected to the Order of the Coif. He holds an M.Phil. in political thought and intellectual history from the University of Cambridge and a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science, cum laude, from Yale.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- Editor-In-Chief, Virginia Environmental Law Journal
- University of Cambridge (M.Phil.)
- Yale University (B.A.)
- Piedmont Housing Alliance - Treasurer, Board of Directors
- The Paramount Theater - Chair, Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- The Paramount Theater - Secretary, Board of Directors (2016-2021)
- Urban Land Institute, Charlottesville Young Leaders Group - Former Co-Chair (2016-2017)
- New York State Bar
- Virginia State Bar