Miles Bruder is a senior associate in Williams Mullen’s Corporate Section. Based out of the Raleigh office, Miles assists clients with corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and commercial contracts.
Miles Bruder is a senior associate in Williams Mullen’s Corporate section. Based out of the Raleigh office, Miles assists clients with corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and commercial contracts.
Prior to joining Williams Mullen, Miles held positions in the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, State of Louisiana, including director of policy and state-federal relations. In this role, he oversaw the members of the Lt. Governor’s policy and intergovernmental affairs staff and was responsible for policy research and development on issues ranging from health care and education to prisoner recidivism and hurricane preparedness and recovery.
Previously, Miles served as director of state-federal relations in the Office of the Governor, State of Louisiana. His duties as the Governor’s representative in Washington, D.C., included working with various federal agencies and Congressional leadership in seeking appropriations to support the state’s recovery from Hurricane Katrina. He also served as the director of health care policy and casualty insurance policy for the Louisiana Recovery Authority.
Miles earned his Juris Doctor degree, magna cum laude, from Wake Forest University, where he was an articles editor for the Wake Forest Law Review. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Regularly represent a multi-million dollar shared services joint venture of regional insurance companies in drafting and negotiating contracts with various vendors for software and other intellectual property customization, licensing, hosting and related services, and in drafting and negotiating its customer contracts.
- Represented a multi-billion dollar data analytics company in the acquisition of substantially all assets of a cloud computing software company.
- Represented four affiliated manufacturers and franchisors of home and vehicle disability equipment in their sale of all ownership interests to a private equity firm.
- Assisted a specialty pharmacy in the negotiation of a sale of stock to a private equity firm.
- Represented a leading regional grocery and dry goods distribution company in the sale of all stock to a publicly traded holding company.
- Represented a multinational clothing manufacturer in contracting with materials suppliers.
- Assisted a multi-state specialty medical practice in the acquisition of all assets of another specialty practice.
- Represented a multi-state industrial water purification equipment manufacturer and servicer in the acquisition of substantially all assets of a division of a foreign competitor.
- Represented a national pharmaceutical developer and manufacturer in the acquisition of all stock of a manufacturer of dietary and topical health products.
- Represented a manufacturing technology developer in raising additional equity financing from multiple angel investor firms.
- Assisted a manufacturer and retailer of children’s products in recapitalization and raising additional equity financing and syndicated debt financing.
- Assisted a variety of clients, from individuals to large companies, in the organization of new companies, reorganization and recapitalization of existing companies, conversions from corporate form to limited liability company form, and capital raises of various types.