Williams Mullen has tremendous depth and experience handling both complex and simple leases, including office, industrial, flex, retail and mixed-use. We represent both landlords and tenants throughout the U.S., ranging from small retail and office tenants to national REITs. Our practice is versatile and includes landlord representation, tenant representation, build-to suit transactions, ground leases and sale-leasebacks.
We provide full-service leasing representation to various types of owners – broker/managers, private owners, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, REITs and private investment funds – for entire office, industrial, mixed-use and retail projects. In addition to lease negotiation, we assist our clients with their design, development and management plans for the project, including the negotiation of commission, listing and management agreements, work letters and development agreements, construction and architect contracts and other agreements with lenders and other parties regarding collateral leasing issues.
We also represent law firms, accounting firms, private and public companies and other businesses in leases of all sizes. We have represented tenants in single transactions as well as portfolio-wide dealings. We have extensive experience with respect to all aspects of retail leasing, for both landlords and tenants, with particular emphasis on national roll-outs, shopping centers, malls, entertainment projects, “big boxes” and in-line national tenants. Our practice also includes build-to-suit and design-build projects. We have worked with developers and tenants in connection with build-to-suit transactions involving office, retail and industrial properties. Our clients include regional, national and international developers and owners with real estate interests throughout the United States.
- Represented developer in connection with the development and leasing of the nine-story, 300,000-square-foot corporate headquarters for a Fortune 500 company.
- Represent national electronics super-store in connection with its "big-box", in-line, build-to-suit and sale-leaseback transactions throughout the U.S.
- Assisted national developer with a mixed-use project comprised of 233,076 square feet of Class “A” office space, 125-140 Class “A” residential units and approximately 75,000 square feet of retail/restaurant space. Representation included the negotiation and preparation of a 145,000-square-foot build-to-suit office lease for a major national law firm.
- Represent national REIT in connection with the development and leasing of its office, industrial and flex projects.
- Work with national tenant-in-common (TIC) sponsor in connection with the leasing of its office buildings in the mid-Atlantic region.
- Represented golf course owner/operator in connection with the sale-leaseback of a golf course portfolio in Virginia and Maryland.
- Representation of owner of one of the largest flex-space (office and warehouse) parks in Raleigh's Research Triangle in connection with the leasing of the project.
- Serve as outside real estate counsel for international car rental-company in connection with the leasing of commercial, retail and industrial real properties throughout the United States and Canada.