10.31-12.5 | The 2020 Business Solutions Series Presented by the Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance and Williams Mullen Seminar Series 12.05.2019 8:30am — 12.05.2019 10:30am
A five-part seminar series that will provide Hampton Roads businesses with ideas on how they can be more profitable and reduce risk in 2020.
Location: Williams Mullen, 222 Central Park Avenue, Suite 1700, Virginia Beach, VA 23462
Time: 8:30 to 10:15 a.m.
Cost: There is no cost to attend.
**Seating is limited – reservations are required.**
- 8:30 to 9:00 a.m. – Registration and Networking (Continental breakfast provided)
- 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. – Presentation
- 10:00 to 10:15 a.m. – Q&A
Thursday, December 5 | How to Protect Your Bottom Line by Implementing an HR Strategy for the 2020 Workforce
- Presented by: David C. Burton, Partner, and Yiorgos L. "George" Koliopoulos, Associate, Williams Mullen
- This presentation will include a discussion on strategic actions and decisions executives can take to protect their companies. The presenters will address timely hot topics, such as the current state of employee protections (or lack thereof) for the use of cannabis products.
Thursday, October 31 | Best Practices for an Efficient Investment or Sale Transaction
- Presented by: Meagan J. Kalantar, Senior Associate, and Vanessa T. Yearick, Partner, Williams Mullen
- Is 2020 the year that you’ll fuel your business’s growth by pursuing funding sources, or exit it via a sale? Join us for this presentation and learn what you can expect during the negotiation, due diligence and documentation processes for both scenarios.
Thursday, November 7 | Negotiate This: What Tenants Should Focus on in Lease Negotiations
- Presented by: Alyssa Carducci Embree, Partner, Williams Mullen
- This presentation will highlight the key provisions that tenants should negotiate for in all types of commercial leases. The session will also include ground leasing, hot issues in retail leases, and financing considerations in leasing.
Thursday, November 14 | How to Increase Business Opportunities With the U.S. Government and Foreign Governments Through ITAR Compliance
- Presented by: Thomas B. McVey, Partner, Williams Mullen
- This presentation will include a summary of the requirements under International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) for government contractors. Attendees will learn how compliance with these laws can reduce legal liability and increase business opportunities with U.S. and overseas customers.
Thursday, November 21 | Enhancing the Value of Your Business Through Identifying and Leveraging Your Intellectual Property Assets
- Presented by: Alexandra M. Gabriel, Associate, and Craig L. Mytelka, Partner, Williams Mullen
- The speakers will present a survey covering what every business owner should know about identifying, protecting and using its intellectual property assets. The presenters will also address what internal steps a business owner should consider and how best to work with outside vendors.