03.09.2023 FIC 2023 to Help FFLs Mitigate Compliance Risk
Williams Mullen’s Firearms Industry Group and Orchid LLC announce a focus on mitigating FFL compliance risk at the 2023 Firearms Industry Conference (FIC), to be held virtually April 27-28 and live in Atlanta, May 1-3, 2023. Firearm industry attorneys, compliance professionals, and agency personnel from the ATF, FBI NICS, BIS and DDTC will lead educational sessions on various topics relating to federal and state firearm and explosive regulations.
One of three conference learning tracks, FFL Compliance will be thoroughly examined throughout FIC 2023. Comprised of three events over five days, FIC On-Air returns as a virtual option for new industry members and small-to-medium businesses, followed by deep dive FIC pre-conference workshops and the main conference event.
Notable FIC 2023 sessions in the FFL Compliance track include:
Virtual FIC On-Air
- ATF Form 4473 Transfers
- FBI NICS & Background Checks
- Selling Online and Avoiding Lawsuits
- Serial Number Inventories: Critical Compliance
- Overcoming State Compliance Challenges
In-Person Workshops & Main Event
- Federal & State Laws, ATF Inspections and Revocations
- Overview of ATF Final Rule 2021R-08F (Stabilizing Braces)
- NFA Firearms, Suppressors and ATF eForms
- Straw Purchase Prevention
- Ammunition & Explosives: Licensing, Manufacturing and Regulations
- Firearms and Ammunition Excise Tax: Lowering Your Tax Rate
In addition, the FIC Main Event will hold interactive breakout sessions with ATF, FBI, BIS and DDTC leadership to discuss inspections and NICS, the National Firearms Act, and firearm imports and exports.
To view the entire conference agenda, learn about silent auction prizes and event sponsorship opportunities, and register your team for FIC 2023, visit orchidadvisors.com/FIC.