Rakesh J. Parikh
Rakesh Parikh focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganizations, entity form advice, company formations, corporate governance, and securities offerings. He has experience with a wide range of commercial contracts including vendor contracts and technology and intellectual property agreements. He also has experience advising on intellectual property, technology, insurance, finance and general regulatory matters.
Rakesh provides clients with strategic corporate advice while tackling items at the forefront of the law. With a strong foundation in business fundamentals, Rakesh effectively communicates the law and ways to overcome obstacles to compliance.
Before joining Williams Mullen, Rakesh represented private equity firms and served as senior counsel for a global insurance company and as general counsel for a leading national fuel distributor.
As an entrepreneur and former in-house counsel, Rakesh has a deep understanding of his clients' needs and is well-positioned to help them achieve their business goals.
Rakesh is former chair of the Virginia Bar Association's Corporate Counsel Section and is currently a member of both the Virginia and Richmond Bar Association's Corporate Counsel Sections. He received his Juris Doctor degree from William & Mary School of Law, along with his Master of Business Administration degree from William & Mary School of Business. Rakesh received both his Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science degrees from North Carolina State University.
- College of William & Mary School of Law (J.D.)
- College of William & Mary, Mason School of Business (MBA)
- North Carolina State University (B.S. & B.A.)
- Association of Corporate Growth - Member
- Virginia Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section - Former Chair
- Virginia State Bar, Corporate Counsel Section
- Richmond Bar Association, Corporate Counsel Section
- Association of Corporate Counsel - Former Member
- Virginia State Bar
- Represented a private equity-backed client in the sale of a portfolio company to an international buyer by way of a reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a private equity-backed supply chain expert in the acquisition of a leading custom tool manufacturer.
- Represented a private equity-backed inventory management solutions company in the asset acquisition of the assets of a Vendor Managed Inventory services provider.
- Represented private equity-backed C-parts distributor in the acquisition of a supply chain logistics and fasteners distribution company.
- Represented national private investigations firm in the sale of its business.
- Represented regional window installation firm in the sale of its assets to a national installer of bath, windows, and doors.
- Represented private mortgagee in formation and structuring.
- Represented concierge medical practice in establishing document retention policies.