Forbes Thompson is a senior associate in the firm’s Business and Corporate Practice, with a primary focus on mergers and acquisitions. She has assisted clients across a broad range of industries, including insurance and insurance brokerages, software and technology and manufacturing and distribution.
Forbes Thompson primairily focuses her practice on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions. Forbes has represented clients during numerous multimillion-dollar mergers and acquisitions and asset purchases involving public and private companies and strategic, private equity buyers and sellers. She has assisted clients across a broad range of industries, including insurance and insurance brokerages, software and technology and manufacturing and distribution.
Forbes has Juris Doctor and Master of Business Administration degrees from Wake Forest University, where she was a member of the Wake Forest Moot Court and captain of the Jessup Moot Court Team. She was also an editor on Wake Forest’s Intellectual Property Law Journal. Forbes graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Davidson College.
She is licensed to practice in Virginia, North Carolina and the District of Columbia.
Represented a leading public media and internet conglomerate, focused in the core areas of search, applications, online dating and media, in the acquisition and divestiture of multiple portfolio companies, including:
- An online sports retail business.
- A mobile music and video application business.
- An online local restaurant guide that aggregates reviews from professional food critics, bloggers and diners.
- A company that created a specialized work order, job tracking and invoicing software for home improvement professionals.
- A company that specializes in downloadable software and services that clean, repair, update and optimize personal computers.
- A company that developed software that permits users to produce their own video content viewable across multiple mobile device platforms.
- A company with a proprietary video live streaming platform that allows customers to broadcast live video content using a camera and a computer through the internet.
- Represented an insurance brokerage company in acquisitions of multiple regional insurance agencies.
- Represented a private equity fund in majority investment in automotive and heavy equipment parts distributor.
- Represented an electrical distributor in acquisition and divestiture of certain branches of its business.
- Represented a developer of hearing protection technology in the sale of its business to a leading provider of personal protection solutions for the defense sector.
- Represented a health and educational support services company in its sale to a private equity firm.