Richard D. Palmieri
Rick Palmieri represents public and private companies as well as strategic, private equity buyers and sellers in a variety of business transactions including corporate formation and mergers and acquisitions. His clients span a range of industries, from financial institutions and insurance to e-commerce and entertainment. He has significant experience preparing complex corporate, limited liability company, and partnership documents for newly-formed companies, joint ventures, and post-acquisition entities; and negotiating vendor arrangements and contracts on behalf of clients. Rick also provides general business and corporate governance counsel.
Additionally, Rick assists clients who seek to own, manage, or operate aircraft that are used for business transportation. He represents both public and private corporations and private individuals in connection with aircraft sale, purchase, leasing, fractional ownership, management, charter, and financing transactions, and assists clients in structuring their aircraft operations to comply with applicable rules and regulations of the Federal Aviation Administration, Internal Revenue Service, and state and local taxing authorities.
He is listed among the “Ones to Watch” by Best Lawyers® (2021-present) and "Rising Stars" by Virginia Super Lawyers (2021-present).
Rick is a member of the board of directors for the Richmond Forum and is also a past member of the Special Olympics Virginia Young Professionals Board (2018-2022), an organization dedicated to raising the visibility of Special Olympics and building new programs through fundraising, having previously served as its president (2021-2022). In his spare time, Rick serves as a NCAA Division III football official.
Rick received his Juris Doctor degree, summa cum laude, from the University of Richmond School of Law. While in law school, Rick served as a member of the Moot Court Board, as a manuscripts editor of the University of Richmond Law Review and as the vice chancellor of the Walter Scott McNeill Law Society. Before attending law school, Rick earned his Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology and a Masters of Science degree in atmospheric science from North Carolina State University.
- University of Richmond School of Law (J.D.)
- summa cum laude
- Order of the Coif
- University of Richmond Law Review, Manuscripts Editor
- Moot Court Board
- North Carolina State University (M.S.)
- North Carolina State University (B.S.)
- Special Olympics Virginia - Young Professionals Board Member (2018-2022), Past President (2021-2022), Board Member
- Richmond Forum – Member, Board of Directors
- Virginia State Bar
Best Lawyers® – "Ones to Watch" (2021-present)
Virginia Super Lawyers – “Rising Stars” (2021-2022)
- Representation of a profitable B2B e-commerce platform in its sale to an acquirer and operator of niche e-commerce brands throughout North America.
- Representation of an independently owned and operated concert promoter in a $40 million stock purchase of a holding company that owns the equity in several venues, festivals and related entities.
- Representation of multinational public company in the closing of aircraft purchase transaction.
- Represented a top-50, middle-market insurance agency in its acquisition of a Delaware-based insurance agency.
- Representation of a regional concert and festival promoter in its 51% stock sale to a diversified promoter, producer, and venue operator for live entertainment events in the United States.
- Representation of aircraft holding company in preparation of aircraft leasing and management agreements.
- Represented a financial institution in its merger with a holding company, creating a community bank with around $800 million in total assets.
- Representation of a buyer acquiring an $80 million gross revenue e-commerce platform.
- Representation of one of the largest franchisees of America’s fast-casual burger restaurant chain in the $16 million sale of their Florida state operations.
- Representation of a Virginia-based e-commerce company in its multi-million acquisition of a California legal e-commerce company.
- Representation of an entertainment services company in its $26 million acquisition of an annual music festival.